Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sticky Weekend

I guess we are finally getting our summer heat. I wish it had been in July, since I am not really a fan of 90 degree weather. I am hoping that it doesn't run into Sept. It is terrible starting school when it is hot and humid and 90 degrees. Maybe it'll pass after this week.

Despite the heat I worked on wool blankets. Sad I know!
aug16a

aug16

Finished these last week. I had a bag full of odds and ends that my MIL had found at a garage sale about 5-6 years ago. I used a lot of it when she gave it to me for socks and other small charity projects for kids in Russia, but as I was cleaning the stash room, I found the end of the bag. There was enough for two pretty large blankets. So they have some fun shades and tweeds when you look close. I am happy that I used up the bag, but non of them had any wrappers so I don't know what they were or how much was there.

Had a nice birthday on Friday. Very quiet. I stayed home and read and enjoyed some solo time while hubby went to a bike ride. My sister's gift arrived form VA too. An ornament, earrings and a drawing from Ellie. Hubby was too good to me. I told him not to go overboard... he tends to overspend. He found a little speaker to plug into my Ipod and it is amazing sound! Now I don't have to use earbuds or lug around a huge player when I go outside to the deck! My second gift was a cell phone. I have been holding out not getting one. But hubby really wants me to have one just to be safe when I am traveling. I guess I am ready to have one. It may come in handy.

Today I was going to go shopping since I have a few gift cards to spend, but it is going to be in the 90's today and well, I grabbed several movies from the library yesterday and I am back to knitting... so why would I want to leave the house?

3 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Happy (late) Birthday!

It's finally gotten hot, and it's supposed to get even hotter this week -- at least around here, it is. But you still manage to get things done. Excellent work!
One day, there will be enough of us yarny types that people won't shake their heads because, hey, this person is knitting in 90 degree weather.

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Late B'day to you! The cell phone will become essential.... just turn it off when you're all together at home (or out!) so that your life remains your own.... (but you'll like the safety-feeling at times)
D

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Karen said...

Happy Birthday. Glad you had a nice one.
The blankets are lovely. I don't know how you can work on something so large in this heat. It's been so humid here. I too home it doesn't continue into September.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home