Monday, August 24, 2009

Now that the heat is gone

I can get back to normal. I feel like I lost a week or two with the crazy heat wave we had. I just don't function very well. I lose all train of thought and motivation in heat and humidity. Luckily I think it is breaking. I finally did some laundry today and it is out on the line - hopefully the thunderstorms will hold off for a while yet.

Since I had stayed inside, I got a lot of reading done and some knitting on different projects.
aug23

This is the Hugs and kisses sweater I started a while back. I ran out of yarn and wasn't able to find any this week. I have something similar, but a smidge lighter that I may jsut use for the hood. I would like to finish it and get the zipper in before school starts.

We have also had a huge amount of family in this month, so we have been having get togethers galore! I realized that my niece turns 5 in a few weeks and I hadn't done anything yet! I scrambled to thinkk of something and finally cam up with felted slippers. I just have to make 2 more little pieces and sew them up, then felt. Should be cute!

I also cast on for a pair of summery lace socks for me. I pulled scrap yarn and have started on second short sock already. They are working up pretty quick.

Tomorrow is a day of errands with my mother. We will be driving everywhere to visit several differnet stores. Then I really should head into school to check mail and straighten up, but once I walk in the door there is no turning back! School will begin again very soon!

3 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Briley said...

I love the sweater! Did you try putting a plea out on ravelry to find more of the yarn you were using? I know several people who have had good luck with that.

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Karen said...

I agree with Briley. Check on ravelry for more yarn. A friend of mine searched for the yarn and then asked people who had used it if they had leftovers. I know there is a company online who will search for yarn by lot number and try to find you exactly what you need but I can't remember who it is. Maybe someone else will be able to help you.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Yes, ravelry is good for finding yarn. With half a million knitters on there, one of them is bound to have some of what you need!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home