Thursday, October 01, 2009

Lots of pics to share

The week sort of got away from me, oh and the week before that! Things have been buzzing around here both at school and home... I can't believe it is Oct. 1st today! Crazy! Fall weather is here and here to stay I'm afraid. Broke out the mittens and cashmere scarf this morning! Cold and damp... yucky!

I have been working hard trying to get a few little projects completed for my little one... so I have a few pics to show.
oct1
First up is a pinwheel blanket. It is made with soft yarn with color flecks in there. Not sure if you can really see the. I really like the yarn. There are some leftovers, so a sweater of hat or something might be around the corner too.

oct1b
Cute little moc-a-socs too! I had some leftover sock yarn that I really liked, so I made these booties. A little big for newborn feet, but I loved the pattern so I had to make them!!

oct1c
A little square hat with stars from the Itty-Bitty book. Thought it was a cute and quick one I could handle. I am working on a matching sweater in the blue. Maybe the "home from the hospital outfit"? We'll see I guess.

Lastly...
oct1a
We had a local fiber fest last weekend. The first annual. It was awesome! It was about 20 minutes from my house and there were tons of vendors there from local farms, stores, and even VT places too since that isn't too far. It's not Rhinebeck, but there were several barns full of vendors. We got there early and no crowds! I loved it. Can't wait until next year! So I got some Jitterbug sock yarn, 2 skeins of hand dyed sock yarn, 5 skeins of kool-aid dyed yarn to make 2 baby hats, and one gently used sweater pattern that zips up the back! Not bad really Lots of good buys. Now I am ready for Rhinebeck!

6 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Karen said...

The blanket, booties and hat are just adorable.
It sounds like you had a great time at the little fiber festival. That's a great way to prep for a big one!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Briley said...

Looks like you are having a blast knitting for the baby! The booties are adorable.

I'm so sad that you are goingt o Rhinebeck and I have to skip it this year. Someday we will be in the same place at the same time.

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Diana said...

Aww.. they're all cute. I've been wanting to knit a pinwheel blankie, but just haven't yet. Which pattern did you use?

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Batty said...

You're really making progress on the baby knitting! You do know that this will spoil your kid for life, right?
Oh, OK. I figured you did. : )

Very nice haul. I love fiber festivals, so much to see!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger E.J. Stevens said...

ooh, I wish I had a pair of your moc-a-socks in my size!

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Gloria P. said...

love your creations, I so want to learn to knit, but how to find the time ...anywho love the moc socks too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home