Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

It has been really nice having a few days off from work to rest and put my feet up when I can. The week before was too much and I really needed some time to depress and collect my thoughts. We had to put Bailey down last Tuesday, so we have been on an emotional roller coaster with that and going to childcare classes and a doctor's appointment. We are still getting used to Bailey not being in the house or greeting us at the door. It has been strange.

I don't have pictures today, but I have finished a few very small projects for the little one. A small hat and thumbless mittens. I have also been working on socks for me in Maizy, which I am not sure I actually like, but one sock is done. I cast on for a fair isle hat for a present too.

I have actually been reading more than knitting when I can (between classes, family get togethers and basketball season starting....) Seems to ease my mind and there has been too much on it lately. Just picked up the a Jodi Picoult... Vanishing Acts. I have read almost everything else by her, so I was surprised when I started it yesterday that is wasn't familiar.

Tonight after getting lots of laundry done and put away, we are heading out for one last family dinner at a local restaurant. I'll post a few pics soon.

3 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Kathy in San Jose said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Bailey's passing! I'm glad you're trying to take it a little easy with the holidays - being pregnant and trying to get everything done for everyone is a recipe for exhaustion.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Briley said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Bailey. It's amazing what a big role animals can play in our lives, and I know what it is like to mourn a pet.

I'm glad you managed to get some rest this weekend. This time of year is always so crazy!

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Karen said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Bailey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home