Tuesday, January 05, 2010

January is here

Wow... I is hard to believe it is January already. I am happy to kick off the new year to tell you the truth, it was a strange and somewhat difficult 2009 in some regards and happy and exciting in others. I am about 37 weeks and counting now. I went back to work this week which keeps me busy and my mind occupied at least for a couple more weeks. I have a drs appt tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes and what they tell me then. I do feel good still... back to being a little tired at the end of the day. I really like coming home and knitting and reading for the night. Oh, I loved that before too, but now it is too cold to do any errands after work, so home is GOOD!

I finally have a few pictures for you too...
First project of the year...
jan5a
Just a scrap blanket that my sister gave me the small squares before she moved, so I thought I would try to bulk it up to donate later this year once I have a few more blankets.


Ribbed sweater for the baby:
jan5
Loved this adorable Debbie Bliss freebie pattern and I thought I would test it out for us. I made it in the smallest size, but I would love to make it a lot larger for later on. It was super fast and easy. Reminded me of the t-shirt type sweater where you start with the back go up, cast on for the arms, and then come down the front. Really nicely done!

Petal Socks:
dec29a
Finished these a while back in Dec. I loved the yarn and the pattern. The yarn is Prism - Saki in the Fog colorway. I love it! I hope that the LYS has some more of it!


My new cowl:
dec29
I don't have a hat and I am not sure I am really a hat person, so I decided to try this cowl pattern - the fresco basket cowl. I joined the KAL at Ravelry and this worked up pretty fast too. I have worn it a few times as a cowl, but not yet as a hood. It doesn't stay up on my head like I would really like... so there may be a hat in my future!

That's about all from here. I need to think about dinner. Not sure what or if I really want to cook tonight. Hope all is well with you all!

3 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thinking of you! hope all is going well and that you'll still be available later this month!

d

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Batty said...

You really are getting there. 37 weeks! Wow. It's a good thing you managed to get so much baby knitting done.

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Karen said...

Everything looks wonderful! I can't believe you are 37 weeks. Time is just flying. I'll be thinking of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home