Wednesday, March 18, 2020

The new normal

Well it came to me in my sleep that I should be blogging again just to get these days in my memory.  The last week has been a little too crazy and started with a time change, a full moon, an earthquake in NY which shook my house like crazy.... to the Coronavirus which has turned the world upside down.

My kids’ school closed as well as my own from now until April 20th.  So my responsibilities are first with my family then with my students.  I am homeschooling my boys (grades 4 and K) so that is like opposite ends of the spectrum... and trying to keep in touch and support my students’ families.

Day 1 of homeschooling is in the books for us.  Overall it was a little scattered, but we did ok!  We did a lot of art and drawing on day 1.



The little one even fit in a little dress up and creative play.  We drew with Mo Willems who has been doing lunchtime doodles.  So fun.  We fit in math, reading and some weather science.  We got out for a walk which I hope to do daily.  The boys helped a little bit with the schedule but I am going to try a checklist instead of times for tomorrow.



Love that my older read with his little brother as reading buddies while I was able to check in with work and my coworkers.  Here’s to taking things day by day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home