Monday, March 23, 2020

Happy Monday - day 7

So cold this morning with a snowstorm approaching and the wind whipping.  We took a walk with breakfast in hand this morning to get our mind going before we started our work.



Boys did a great job getting school work checked off.  Had lots of inside playtime before and after lunch.  Sadly I woke up with a cold... not sure how as no one has left the house in a week and I have been wiping surfaces down.  Snuck in a 20 minute nap while the boys were playing after we finished our reading.


Finished an ok kids chapter that I had been meaning to get to.... Wildwood by Colin Meloy.  Have it at our library and now I can recommend it to a few kids who will love it.

Made veggie taco meat in wraps for dinner.  I gave up nightshade vegetables back in August, so I have cut them out for months and use them sparingly.  Clearing them out of my system helped reduce the number of migraines I was getting.  So no potatoes, peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, or the spices that go with them.  I made this nightshade free taco seasoning mix and it is really yummy!


Happy to report cutting all these out was very difficult at first, especially the potatoes and spices, but clearing them out of my system and reintroducing them in small doses seems to have been working.  I don’t eat them often, but I did have a little mild salsa on my burrito wrap for dinner tonight.

It hasn’t stopped snowing and I got a little knitting in today too.  Trying to finish a cowl I started at e beginning of the month.  Almost finished with it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home