Thursday, September 23, 2004

oh how I miss blogging!

Funny how much free time I had over the summer! And not enough now that school has started again! I reached my goal of eight blankets for my charity meeting on Sunday! Yeah me! The charity I made them for is H.U.G.S. (handicrafters united giving security) a spin off of project Linus when they were going to split up. I've been making blankets for them for the last 6 years I think. We have meeting 2 times a year, but people are always making and distributing them blankets throughout the year.

I went to the farmers market after work yesterday then walked down the street to the LYS. I had a gift certificate and I didn't even spend it all! I still have $13 left! They were very nice to me and gave me a free pattern for a neck thingee that is really cute! I want to whip up a few for holiday presents! Well I walked out with two loverly skeins of sock yarn. Will post a pic tomorrow when I take one and load the pic. Can you believe the yarn is still in the bag! Not feeling so good tonight. Have caught a small cold. That's life in the schools. But can I tell you how often I wash my hands! At least every half hour! Who knows what is floating around in the library and all the years of stuff on the books!

2 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Hope you are feeling better..... WHat a great job on getting that many blankets finished.Look forward to seeing your yarn purchases . I might have to take a trip to the LYS today.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

I'm an educator too, and how right you are. The "endless summer" is over too soon, and now I'm swamped. The baby blanket is lovely. Thanks for the sidebar link; I've returned the favor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home