Thursday, September 23, 2004

oh how I miss blogging!

Funny how much free time I had over the summer! And not enough now that school has started again! I reached my goal of eight blankets for my charity meeting on Sunday! Yeah me! The charity I made them for is H.U.G.S. (handicrafters united giving security) a spin off of project Linus when they were going to split up. I've been making blankets for them for the last 6 years I think. We have meeting 2 times a year, but people are always making and distributing them blankets throughout the year.

I went to the farmers market after work yesterday then walked down the street to the LYS. I had a gift certificate and I didn't even spend it all! I still have $13 left! They were very nice to me and gave me a free pattern for a neck thingee that is really cute! I want to whip up a few for holiday presents! Well I walked out with two loverly skeins of sock yarn. Will post a pic tomorrow when I take one and load the pic. Can you believe the yarn is still in the bag! Not feeling so good tonight. Have caught a small cold. That's life in the schools. But can I tell you how often I wash my hands! At least every half hour! Who knows what is floating around in the library and all the years of stuff on the books!

1 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Hope you are feeling better..... WHat a great job on getting that many blankets finished.Look forward to seeing your yarn purchases . I might have to take a trip to the LYS today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home